It may be a sin, but it’s legal.
Our Sin Law Practice focuses on protecting the rights and interests of those in the business of supporting certain human indulgences that some may take exception to.
Beer and Distillery Law
The growth of craft breweries and distilleries has opened up not only enormous economic and artisanal opportunities, but also a slew of legal issues for every new brewer or distiller to consider. We help clients navigate the legal landscape of beer, liquor and other alcohol products– from start up through operation and even sale or transfer. We help provide counsel to our clients in the following areas:
- Business entity Selection, Formation and Maintenance
- Contract Negotiation and Documentation
- Family Succession Planning
- Federal, Local, and State Regulatory Compliance
- Land Use
- Labor and Employment
- Mergers, Acquisitions
- Real Estate Acquisitions, Sales and Leasing
- Trademark Registration and Protection
Cannabis Business Law
We assist our clients who wish to develop long-term strategies suited to each client’s unique needs. We advise and represent clients directly involved in:
- Cannabis cultivation and grows
- Regulatory compliance 1
- Ancillary cannabis businesses, which provide products and services to the industry
- Financing and founding documentation
1This includes distribution, Investments, Entity Formation, Permit Size.
Adult Entertainment Law
If the First Amendment means anything, it is the right to freely express the most basic and fundamental rights: the right to please and be pleased. Though California remains a mainstay of the Adult Entertainment industry, the internet has changed the game. Like any business, the Adult Entertainment Industry has had to adapt to new technologies and in some cases, resistance from some member of the public who place their own sense of morality above the constitutional rights of others. This is where our team comes in.
In addition to standard business services that we provide to all our business clients, we also address issues somewhat unique to the Adult Entertainment Industry. These include:
- Addressing and remaining compliant with Obscenity Laws
- Addressing and Protecting the Rights of Privacy
- Addressing and Protecting the Rights of Publicity
- Distinguishing between Pornography and Prostitution
- Trademark protection
- Navigating the CA-SPAM act and FTC regulations regarding sexually Explicit Materials
- How to prevent and fight Revenge Porn
- Employment and Management issues in Gentlemen’s Clubs
- Trademark protection for Entertainers.
We like Cigars. Mr. Anderson is a proud member of Cigar Rights of America and works extensively in protecting the interests of Cigar Shop Owners, distributors, and manufacturers. Additionally, if owners of other businesses want to expand their business to allow cigar and pipe smoking, we help them navigate the regulatory requirements. We also address other issues such as:
- Brand Protection
- Federal, Local and State Regulatory Compliance